Our team is not only commited to providing compassionate care in our office, but we also do our best to connect with the community with oral health education at health fairs, schools, parent meetings, and TV. Feel free to contact us, if you would like a presentation to your organization or school at email@example.com.
- On June 23, 2012, Complete Care Dental helped inform the community at the Get Up Get Moving Health Fair (Vive Tu Vida!) at McKinnley Park. We had a table set up with a variety of oral health information, toothbrushes and floss.
- In January 2012, Dr. Dhake met with local parents for a Early Head Start parent meeting to go over how to take care of their young childrens teeth.
- On October 29, 2011, Complete Care Dental sponsored and participated in the Race of the Dead supporting the UNO Charter Schools. We had a great time running and walking for such a good community cause.
- In February 2011, Dr. Dhake recently visited two sites of Gads Hill Center and shared tips and tools to 70 kids ages 5 to 12 years old on good oral hygiene and importance of visiting the dentist. The kids practiced on model teeth flossing techniques and got to feel different dental instruments used at the office. Thanks to the team at Gads Hill for the opportunity. We look forward to working with them in the future.
- In January 2011, Dr. Varughese provided clients of the Midwest Brain Injury Clubhouse an oral health presentation with tips on better brushing, flossing and diet recommendations. The group had some great questions regarding dry mouth from medications and when to visit the dentist. She looks forward to spending more time with the Clubhouse members and would like to thank Renata Slayton for the opportunity.
- Every fall, we proudly support our troops by providing a Halloween Candy Buy Back drive. Patients and members of the community can bring in their halloween candy or anything else to help show your support to the troops. We ship all the goods to Operation Gratitude and they put it together in care packages to troops around the world. So far our office has shipped almost 200 pounds of candy and goods to the troops.
- Dr. Reshma Dhake was featured on Fox News Chicago during the 9pm newscast on July 7th, 2010 while volunteering at CommunityHealth.
- June 2010, Dr. Daisy Varughese presented to a group of parents and over 100 children at Guadalupano Family Center. At the parents’ meeting, Dr. Varughese emphasized the importance of prioritizing their oral health and being a role model for their children. She also discussed common dental concerns for their children, such as early childhood caries, proper diet, and oral hygiene.
- In October 2009, Dr. Daisy Varughese visited the Rauner Family YMCA and provided oral health education to children ages 6 to 12 years old.
- Dr. Dhake visited the Rudy Lozano Ledadership Academy in February 2010 giving a presentation to about 100 high school students about oral health topics affecting teenagers.
- Dr. Dhake regularly works with the Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatricsand presents to pediatrician offices in the community about their role in helping children and their parents avoid oral health problems and maintain lifelong oral health.
- We have worked directly with staff and teachers at Shields Elementary, Burroughs Elementary, Lee Elementary School , UNO Veterans Memorial School, Nightingale Elementary School, and Columbia Explorers providing oral health education to their students.
- Our staff has participated in the Get Up Get Moving Vive Tu Vida 2008 health fair, sponsored by the Chicago Hispanic Health Coalition at McKinley Park on June 14th educating families and giving away prizes.
Dr. Dhake taught an oral health class to 50 medical assistant students at Spanish Coalition for Jobs.
Dr. Dhake provided oral health information on CAN-TV with Illinois Maternal and Child Health Coalition.
- We have participated in the State Representative Susan Mendoza’s Senior Health Fair in January 2008.